Lil Nas X Breaks Silence After Shocking Arrest And Felony Charges

Lil Nas X has addressed his shocking arrest after pleading not guilty to 4 felony charges, including battery on a police officer, following a wild incident in Studio City that left him jailed for 4 days. The 26-year-old “Old Town Road” rapper, born Montero Hill, was taken into custody early Thursday morning after LAPD responded to multiple calls a few nude man behaving erratically on the street. Viral footage showed Lil Nas X wandering in only underwear and cowboy boots before one other clip surfaced of him fully nude, shouting Nicki Minaj’s “Monster” verse as cars passed by.

Article continues below commercial

Lil Nas X Makes Bail

Instagram Stories | Lil Nas X

Authorities allege the rapper became combative when officers tried to detain him. He was subsequently arrested and charged with three counts of battery against a police officer and one count of resisting an executive officer. Following his arrest, he was transported to a hospital amid concerns of a possible overdose before being booked into Van Nuys jail, where he remained over the weekend.

Authorities previously noted that while behind bars, the rapper kept a low profile, avoiding any disruptions or impromptu performances within the pre-arraignment holding area.

On Monday, Lil Nas X was arraigned, entered a not guilty plea, and was released on $75,000 bail. If convicted, he could resist five years in prison.

Article continues below commercial

The Rapper Reacts After Arrest For Allegedly Attacking Cops

Lil Nas X at 36th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency/MEGA

Hours after his release, Nas took to Instagram Stories to reassure fans about his well-being. “Your girl goes to be OK y’all. OK? She’s going to be alright, she’s going to be alright,” he said. “Sh-t. That was f-cking terrifying. That was terrifying! That was a terrifying last 4 days, but your girl goes to be alright.”

In an announcement, Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan J. Hochman stressed the seriousness of the costs: “Attacking law enforcement officials is greater than just against the law against those individuals but a direct threat to public safety. Anyone who assaults law enforcement will face serious consequences, regardless of who they’re or how famous they might be.”

The case is ready to maneuver to a pretrial hearing on September 15.

Article continues below commercial

Reports Claim Lil Nas X Was Tased During Arrest

Lil Nas X at 10th Annual LACMA Art + Film Gala 2021
Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency / MEGA

Nas’ statement also comes just hours after recent reports surfaced detailing the chaotic moments leading as much as his arrest. In response to TMZ, when officers arrived, the situation reportedly escalated. Sources claimed that as Lil Nas X ran toward police, an officer discharged a taser in his direction. While it’s unclear if the stun actually made contact, the outlet reported that the weapon was indeed fired in the course of the incident.

The 26-year-old was eventually subdued and transported to the hospital before being booked into custody later that morning.

Article continues below commercial

His Father Speaks Out

Lil Nas X in elaborate costume
Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency / MEGA

Within the wake of the arrest, the rapper’s father, Robert Stafford, also addressed the situation, conveying an apology on his son’s behalf. Stafford told reporters that Nas is specializing in “getting all the assistance he must improve.”

He clarified that despite being transported to the hospital on suspicion of a possible overdose, his son is just not fighting drug abuse. As a substitute, Stafford emphasized that the priority now could be ensuring the 26-year-old star has the fitting support moving forward.

When asked about his son’s condition, Stafford reassured fans that “He’s in good spirits. He’s all right. He’s very remorseful for what happened,” adding that such struggles “can occur to any family.”

Article continues below commercial

Lil Nas X Allegedly Faces Profession Struggles Behind The Scenes

Lil Nas X at MTV VMA Awards 2023
Tammie Arroyo/AFF-USA.com / MEGA

Beyond the legal drama, insiders claim that Lil Nas X has been battling personal and skilled pressures for a while. A source told the Each day Mail that the 26-year-old rapper has been “deeply affected” by the slowdown in his profession momentum.

While tracks like “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” and “Industry Baby” have kept him on the charts, industry insiders say the pressure to recreate one other global smash has weighed heavily on the star.

Coupled along with his candid admissions about the previous couple of years being “pretty difficult” and up to date health scares, those near him fear that Nas is carrying more strain than ever before.

Related Post

Leave a Reply