Putin loyalist posts unhinged AI picture of Trump calling for ‘trust’ in ceasefire plan | News World

Kirill Dmitriev shared the AI-generated image on X, calling for ‘trust’ within the plan

Posting an AI image of Donald Trump with the White House behind him to dispel speculation that the ‘US-backed peace plan’ for Ukraine was in truth Russian is probably not the very best strategy for the Kremlin.

Kirill Dmitriev, head of Russia’s state investment fund (RDIF), is widely seen as one in all the architects behind the 28-point deal.

With no real diplomatic experience – but boasting close relationships with each Vladimir Putin and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner – he positioned himself as Russia’s unofficial negotiator after relations between the 2 presidents turned sour earlier this 12 months.

Because the plan was first unveiled earlier in November, there was much skepticism in regards to the heft of the Kremlin’s influence because of how skewed it’s.

Responding to the criticism, Dmitriev shared an unhinged AI image on X – Trump in his full might, scrunching his eyebrows. Within the background, the White House overshadowed by grey clouds and giant red sparkes.

On the forefront, a warning reads, ‘ Trust the plan’.

Perhaps most telling is the ‘Q+’ mark – a reference to QAnon, the far-right political conspiracy theory and political movement that originated in 2017, whose supporters view Trump as a hero.

Dmitriev was reacting to a post by Marco Rubio, during which the US secretary of state criticised ‘the fake news reports claiming a rift contained in the Trump administration over end the war in Ukraine.’

The Russian diplomat added: ‘Truth and peace will prevail.’

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to an online
browser that
supports HTML5
video

This comes after multiple sources told Reuters that the plan to finish the war drew from a Russian-authored paper sent to the Trump administration in October.

The Russians shared the paper, which outlined their conditions for ending the war, after a gathering between Trump and Volodymyr Zelensky in mid-October, the sources said.

It contained language that the Kremlin had previously recommend on the negotiating table, including concessions that Ukraine had rejected corresponding to ceding a big chunk of its territory within the east.

That is the primary confirmation that the document was a key input within the 28-point peace plan.

A resident stands on a street while buildings burn after an evening Russian drone strike, amid Russia's attack on Ukraine, in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine November 25, 2025. REUTERS/Stringer
A resident stands on a street while buildings burn after a night Russian drone strike in Zaporizhzhia (Picture: Reuters)

Neither the US state department nor the Russian side have commented on this.

What’s in the most recent version of the peace plan?

Metro reported on the deal last week, drawing attention to what Ukraine has previously described as a ‘red line’ – including the withdrawal of troops from parts of the Donetsk region it still controls and cut its military might.

Since then, Trump’s initial 28-point peace plan was modified after European leaders blasted it as a capitulation to Putin’s demands.

SLOVIANSK, UKRAINE - NOVEMBER 26: Aftermath of the destruction caused by the Russian guided bomb attack on School No. 17 in the city of Sloviansk, Ukraine, on November 26, 2025. The bombing injuring seven people, damaged 15 apartment buildings and nine private residences, three educational institutions, a trolleybus office and four civilian vehicles. (Photo by Jose Colon/Anadolu via Getty Images)
Aftermath of the destruction attributable to the Russian guided bomb attack on School No. 17 in town of Sloviansk (Picture: Getty)

A brand new 19-point peace plan emerged this week, following two days of talks between US and Ukrainian officials in Geneva that ended on Sunday.

The talks were led on Ukraine’s side byZelensky’s chief of staff Andriy Yermak and diplomat Umerov.

In a press release, Ukraine’s presidency office didn’t disclose details but said the talks were ‘constructive’ and that final decisions on the refined deal could be made by the presidents of Ukraine and the US.

Ukraine’s first deputy foreign minister Sergiy Kyslytsya, who also attended, told The Financial Times the meeting was ‘intense’ and nearly collapsed before it began.

He said that ‘only a few things are left from the unique version’.

Get in contact with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Related Post

Leave a Reply