In only a number of months’ time the premier MMA promotion hopes to drag off the largest event ever with the UFC White House event.
On June 14, the premier promotion lands on the lawn of the White House for what they’re hoping shall be a one-of-a-kind historic event in combat sports.
Up thus far, there are still no confirmed fights to happen on the cardboard, nonetheless, it was recently confirmed by Dana White‘s UFC boss that there’ll likely only be seven or eight fights on the complete event.
And with that, fans are uncertain of what to anticipate, especially considering the proven fact that Donald Trump previously claimed there can be eight or nine title fights on the cardboard.
Matt Brown claims the UFC doesn’t have enough stars to drag off ‘best event ever’
This past week, White confirmed that matchmaking has begun for the UFC White House event which once more raised excitement amongst fans.
And ever because the event was announced it has been consistently teased because the ‘biggest event ever’, with the expectations being that every one of the game’s biggest stars can be competing on the event.
Nonetheless, UFC legend Matt Brown has doubted the promotion’s capabilities of putting on the ‘biggest event ever’, claiming that they don’t have enough stars to drag of such a feat and are using Conor McGregor‘s name to advertise the event.
“It’s hard to assume (it won’t be a let down),” Brown said in an interview with MMAFighting.
“They don’t have the celebs they used to have and Conor (McGregor) shouldn’t be fighting on it, I don’t give a f— what anybody says, and I don’t care what he says, I don’t care what Dana says, he’s not fighting on it.
“They’re using him to market it and using his name to get on the market. He’s not fighting on that s—, bro. And even when that’s signed and a done deal, I’m not gonna imagine it until he’s contained in the Octagon and a punch is thrown.
“Who have they got for stars? Particularly American, right, but just stars throughout and I feel that’s a risk to take to only be doing six or seven fights because you recognize this sport, you could possibly get six or seven boring fights, easily,” Brown continued.
‘The Notorious’ has made it clear ever because the event was announced that he desires to make his highly anticipated comeback on the cardboard.
And even though it seemed likely that the Irishman would clash against Michael Chandler finally, White shut that fight down earlier this yr.
Matt Brown has some extent in regards to the UFC’s current lack of stars
Ultimately, ‘The Immortal’ Brown has some extent in the case of the promotion’s lack of stars.
At this point only Ilia Topuria and Alex Pereira are widely thought to be big stars in the game and although Topuria is prone to fight Justin Gaethje within the predominant event, it isn’t considered an enormous fight.
The UFC’s current star power issue is something that has recently been brought up by boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn, who has an ongoing feud with the UFC boss, White.

