Lady Victoria Hervey, the ex-girlfriend of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (formerly Prince Andrew) appears to have likened the eye surrounding his arrest to a “blood sport.”
Posting via her X account on Friday, February 20, Hervey, 49, wrote,“There’s a feeding frenzy happening immediately which might only be in comparison with a blood sport like fox hunting.”
Hervey didn’t mention Andrew directly within the post, but she has been a staunch supporter of the previous royal up to now as controversy swirled surrounding his ties to the late convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday, February 19, which was also his 66th birthday.
The U.K.’s Thames Valley Police said in an announcement that it has “arrested a person in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.” It added that searches are being carried out in Berkshire and Norfolk.
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright later said in an announcement, “Following a radical assessment, we’ve got now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.”
“It is necessary that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to research this alleged offense,” he continued. “We understand the numerous public interest on this case, and we are going to provide updates at the suitable time.”

Lady Victoria Hervey. (Photo by Charley Gallay/Getty Images for BAFTA LA)
After Andrew’s arrest, King Charles III, who stripped his brother of his “prince” title in November 2025, issued an announcement.
“I actually have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the total, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the suitable manner and by the suitable authorities. On this, as I actually have said before, they’ve our full and wholehearted support and cooperation,” Charles, 77, said in an announcement issued by Buckingham Palace on Thursday. “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
Us Weekly has previously reached out to Andrew’s lawyer and Buckingham Palace for comment.
Hervey has publicly defended Andrew for the reason that royal’s association with Epstein resurfaced in 2019. Following Andrew’s infamous BBC Newsnight interview in November 2019, Hervey surprisingly suggested the shocking TV appearance proved his innocence to her.
“I watched it and I assumed, there isn’t any way, if he’s guilty, that he would go onto television and do an interview like that. There’s no way,” she insisted to Good Morning Britain on the time.
Andrew was sued by Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre over sexual assault allegations in 2021 and settled the lawsuit for a non-public sum the next 12 months. Hervey regularly spoke out in defense of Andrew, who has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. Giuffre died by suicide in April 2025.
In a Good Morning Britain interview in 2019, Hervey claimed had a short-lived romance with Andrew after his split from Sarah Ferguson. (Andrew and Ferguson wed in 1986 and welcomed two children, Princess Beatrice, 37, and Princess Eugenie, 35, before divorcing in 1996.)
“It was probably not [dating], we had a few dinners together,” she told the British morning show on the time. “And that was around the identical time [as I met Epstein], I believe it was around 1999, 2000.”
In case you or someone you understand is a human trafficking victim, contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888.


