Prince William shed a bit light on Prince George’s future at boarding school during a sweet radio shout-out to his children.
Throughout the Friday, May 22, episode of Heart Breakfast, William, 43, revealed that George, 12, is preparing for boarding school, after noting that he wouldn’t be home to listen to his radio broadcast, which was taped within the Isles of Scilly.
“Oh, Charlotte and Louis, because George is boarding last night, so Charlotte, Louis, if you happen to’re listening, be certain that you’re on time, please,” the Prince of Wales said. “Be certain that you’re not fighting over who’s listening to what this morning.”
George, who’s the eldest of William and wife Princess Kate Middleton’s three children, is currently attending Lambrook School along with his siblings. (William and Kate, 44, also share daughter Princess Charlotte and son Prince Louis.)
As George nears his teenage years, royal watchers have speculated where he’ll go off to highschool for full-time boarding, including whether he’ll follow in William’s footsteps and attend Eton College.
George’s current prep school only goes through 12 months 8 (between ages 12 and 13), however it does offer weekly and flexi-boarding for youngsters ages 7 to 13, in line with the Lambrook website.
William’s comments on Friday appeared to verify that George was doing the flexi-boarding plan in preparation for the full-time shift in education when he’s a teen.

Prince William, Prince George, Prince Louis, Princess Kate and Princess Charlotte. Aaron Chown/WPA Pool/Getty Images
George was previously spotted touring Eton College in 2023 alongside his mom and pa, adding fuel to the rumors that he’ll start there in the subsequent yr or two.
The longer term king — who’s second in line for the throne behind William and grandfather King Charles III — has also been rumored to be considering Kate’s alma mater, Marlborough College.
Marlborough is co-educational, so if George does go there, he could potentially attend school with Charlotte, 11, and Louis, 8, once they’re of age.
Outside of his next educational steps, George is preparing for his future role because the British monarch, in line with royal historian Marlene Koenig.
Koenig exclusively told Us Weekly in August 2025 that George is “undoubtedly aware of his future role” as heir to the throne, but won’t should worry about taking his seat any time soon, “barring any accidents or health issues” on William’s end.
With regards to Kate’s role in her son’s ascension to the throne, Koenig said, “She is going to never have a constitutional role, except as regent in a worst-case scenario, if George becomes king before age 18.”
The Princess of Wales will most probably just be there for George as “the loving, supportive mom,” Koenig shared, “because he’s her son firstly.”
William, for his part, made a rare comment about George’s future duties during an October 2025 episode of The Reluctant Traveler.
“Obviously, I need to create a world wherein my son is happy with what we do, a world and a job that really does impact people’s lives for the higher,” William explained. “That’s caveated with, I hope we don’t return to a few of the practices previously that [my brother Prince] Harry and I needed to grow up in, and I’ll do every thing I can to be certain that we don’t regress in that situation.”





