Legal Expert Predicts Trial Consequence

Because the countdown to Blake Vigorous and Justin Baldoni‘s lawsuit trial date continues, a legal expert has said the movie director has the next probability of victory.

Vigorous and Baldoni have been engaged in a legal battle because the actress filed a sexual harassment grievance against her “It Ends With Us” costar in December 2024.

Baldoni has since responded to Vigorous with a $400 million lawsuit against her and her husband, Ryan Reynolds.

Article continues below commercial

Legal Expert Gives Opinion On Justin Baldoni And Blake Vigorous’s Trial

Jaxon / MEGA

An attorney believes Baldoni has “the stronger case” in his legal battle with Vigorous.

Dina Doll is featured within the documentary “In Dispute: Vigorous vs. Baldoni,” which begins streaming on Max on March 31 and broke down the case.

Near the tip of the documentary, she said per PEOPLE Magazine, “My skilled opinion, Blake Vigorous has the stronger case. Because all of Justin Baldoni’s arguments about fame and control don’t really refute her claim of sexual harassment.”

Doll continued, “Those allegations — the improvising of kissing, the describing his genitalia, talking about pornography — no matter where your workplace is, those appear to be pretty strong basis for a claim of sexual harassment.”

Article continues below commercial

Within the documentary, Doll also discussed Vigorous and Baldoni’s version of events of their lawsuits and said the latter’s “argument isn’t that those items didn’t occur; he just is saying that there is a unique perspective, that they were really more consensual.”

She added, “Either side absolutely wanna get their perspective out.”

Article continues below commercial

What To Know About The ‘In Dispute’ Documentary

Justin Baldoni
MEGA

“In Dispute: Vigorous v. Baldoni” is a shorter version of “He Said, She Said: Blake Vigorous vs. Justin Baldoni,” which aired within the U.K. on March 17.

The brand new documentary will explore the legal battle between Blake Vigorous and Justin Baldoni.

In keeping with a press release from ITN Productions, the documentary will examine Blake Vigorous’s legal grievance against Justin Baldoni, during which she accused him of sexual misconduct on the set of his film “It Ends With Us.”

She also alleged that he hired a PR firm to launch a web based smear campaign against her. Baldoni denied the allegations and filed a $400 million defamation countersuit.

“With the trial set for March 2026, the special will examine the evidence on either side and the response to the dispute on social media,” the discharge stated.

Article continues below commercial

Ian Russell, head of international at ITN Productions, described the documentary as “a timely and in-depth telling of the Hollywood story which has captured the worldwide zeitgeist.”

Article continues below commercial

Justin Baldoni Accuses Former Publicist of Leaking Texts

Justin Baldoni seen coming out from the NBC studios in NYC
MEGA

Baldoni claims that Jones “initiated this catastrophic sequence of events” by violating his privacy and leaking communications to Vigorous’s team.

His lawyer, Bryan Freedman, stated per Variety, “Ms. Jones maliciously turned over communications from the phone she wrongfully took from her own partner to her cohort, [Lively’s personal publicist] Leslie Sloane, immediately after Jones was terminated for cause by Wayfarer because of her own wrongful behavior.”

Jones had previously worked with Baldoni’s current publicist, Jennifer Abel, who can also be suing her.

Blake Vigorous’s Allegations And Justin Baldoni’s Countersuit

Blake Livley at SNL 50
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

In December 2024, Vigorous filed a lawsuit accusing Baldoni of sexual harassment and making a toxic work environment through the filming of “It Ends With Us.”

She alleged that Baldoni’s behavior caused her “severe emotional distress” and detailed her concerns in a gathering where she requested “no more showing nude videos or images of ladies” and “no further mentions of forged and crew’s genitalia.” Moreover, she asked Baldoni to stop discussing her weight and her late father.

Nonetheless, Baldoni filed a large $400 million countersuit, accusing Vigorous and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, of defamation, civil extortion, and invasion of privacy.

Article continues below commercial

His lawsuit argued, “It is a case about two of probably the most powerful stars on the planet deploying their enormous power to steal a whole film right out of the hands of its director and production studio.”

Baldoni also sent legal notices to Disney executives regarding Reynolds’ “Deadpool & Wolverine” character “Nicepool,” which he claimed was an intentional mockery of him.

Ryan Reynolds And Blake Vigorous Seek To Dismiss Baldoni’s Lawsuit

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Livley at SNL 50
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

Reynolds asked a judge to dismiss him from the lawsuit, arguing that Baldoni’s legal motion was motivated by “thin-skinned outrage over a movie character.”

He defended his right to call Baldoni a “predator,” stating, “Mr. Reynolds has a First Amendment right to carry Mr. Baldoni— or any man who Mr. Reynolds believes sexually harassed his wife—in ‘deep disdain.'”

Vigorous’s attorneys also filed for her dismissal, calling Baldoni’s lawsuit “vengeful and rambling.”

They argued, “The law prohibits weaponizing defamation lawsuits, like this one, to retaliate against individuals who’ve filed legal claims or have publicly spoken out about sexual harassment and retaliation.”

Article continues below commercial

In response, Baldoni’s lawyer said, “Vigorous’s recent motion to dismiss herself from the self-concocted disaster she initiated is one of the crucial abhorrent examples of abusing our legal system.”