Two British tourists fighting for all times after being run over in Ibiza | News World

The accident occurred around 2am this morning on the road that links Ibiza Town to San Antonio in an area known locally as Can Guillemo (Picture: Getty)

Two British tourists have been rushed to hospital in a ‘very serious’ condition in Ibiza after being run over.

The ladies, aged 26 and 27, are said to have suffered traumatic brain injuries and a number of other broken bones within the collision.

One is in intensive care on the private Nuestra Senora del Rosario Polyclinic and the opposite victim is at Ibiza’s most important Can Misses state hospital.

The accident occurred around 2am this morning on the road that links Ibiza Town to San Antonio in an area known locally as Can Guillemo.

The 24-year-old driver of the Toyota Corolla that hit them is claimed to have stopped and passed a drink-drive test. It was not immediately clear this morning if he had also been tested for drugs.

It was initially reported the victims were a person and woman until police confirmed they were each females.

Can Misses has not yet commented however the private clinic where the younger of the 2 women was admitted just before 3.45am this morning said: ‘She is currently within the intensive Care Unit with head trauma, chest trauma and rib fractures, broken right tibia and fibula bones, a fracture of the left fibula, and multiple contusions.’

Ibiza, Spain; 5th July 2022: the Hospital Can Misses; Shutterstock ID 2175308547; purchase_order: -; job: -; client: -; other: -
One is in intensive care on the private Nuestra Senora del Rosario Polyclinic and the opposite is at Ibiza’s most important Can Misses state hospital (pictured) (Picture: Shutterstock/lauraag4)

Earlier this month, a male British holidaymaker was left fighting for his life after being run over within the party Ibizan resort of San Antonio.

The 31-year-old was admitted to an intensive care hospital unit with a traumatic brain injury and chest and shoulder injuries.

The incident that led to his hospitalisation occurred within the early hours of August 11 in Doctor Fleming Avenue.

The victim was stabilised on the scene before being taken to the private Nuestra Senora del Rosario Polyclinic, where considered one of the British women has been admitted and where a 25-year-old British tourist died last month from injuries he sustained in a fall from a supermarket automotive park in San Antonio.

A spokesman for the Civil Guard, confirming the newest incident involving the British women, said: ‘Each are British and each are serious. They were pedestrians who were run over by a 24-year Spaniard on the wheel of a Toyota Corolla.

‘One is 26 and the opposite is 27.

‘The incident happened at 1.50am on the El-600 road between Ibiza and San Antonio within the municipality of San Antonio.’

Get in contact with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Related Post

Leave a Reply