Jason Kelce publicly reacted to his brother Travis Kelce’s engagement to Taylor Swift.
Taking to Instagram on the evening of Tuesday, August 26, just hours after Travis, 35, and Swift, also 35, announced their engagement via a joint Instagram post, Jason, 37, hit like on the announcement.
Moreover, the official Instagram account of Jason and Travis’ “Recent Heights” podcast liked the announcement before posting a congratulatory series of posts via its own Instagram Stories.
Sharing one in every of Swift and Travis’ rose-filled engagement photos, the “Recent Heights” team wrote “Congrats to @taylorswift @killatrav” beneath the photo and added the words “NEW NEWS” up top.
A second Story from the “Recent Heights” account then featured Jason and Travis talking about Swift during a 2023 episode of the podcast that discussed Travis attending one in every of Swift’s Eras Tour shows. The words “HOW IT STARTED…” were included atop the old footage. (Travis, who began dating Swift in the summertime of 2023, had jokingly said on the podcast on the time that he had been “butt hurt” by not attending to speak to Swift after the concert.)
A 3rd and final “Recent Heights” Instagram Story then featured an enlarged share of Swift and Travis’ engagement post with the words “HOW IT’S GOING” written above.

Jason Kelce Mike Coppola/Getty Images for The Recent Heights
Jason’s public response, along with his team’s “Recent Heights” love, arrived just a number of hours after wife Kylie Kelce reacted to her brother-in-law’s blissful news. Hitting like herself, Kylie, 33, approved of the announcement which was captioned, “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.” (Swift’s words referenced her prolific musical lyricism in addition to her husband-to-be’s renowned NFL performance.)
A brand new episode of “Recent Heights” might be released on Wednesday, August 27, with fans hoping to listen to more in regards to the engagement directly from Travis himself.
While only subtle public reactions have been offered from a lot of the Kelce clan to date, Ed Kelce, Travis’ father, opened up about his son’s proposal during an interview with local ABC affiliate News 5 Cleveland on Tuesday.
Revealing that the proposal took place almost two weeks ago at Missouri’s Lee’s Summit, Ed, 74, told the outlet that Travis had been planning to pop the query “months upfront.”

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Courtesy of Taylor Swift/Instagram
Ed added, nonetheless, that he was surprised when Travis and Swift personally phoned him to share their news. “I used to be at … a [Philadelphia] Eagles practice [that] … had 60,000 people at a public practice two weeks ago on a Sunday night,” he told the outlet. “As soon as I saw the FaceTime, I saw it was Travis, after which I saw Taylor there with him, I knew what they were going to say, they usually, , tell us.”
A string of celebrities publicly congratulated Travis and Swift on their engagement including Kansas City Chiefs quarterback, Patrick Mahomes and his wife, Brittany Mahomes, who were two of the primary high-profilers to react.
Patrick, 29, shared the announcement via an Instagram Story that included three red-heart emojis while Brittany, 29, wrote via her own Instagram Story, “Two of essentially the most real people meet & fall in love. Just so blissful for these two.”