Kobbie Mainoo has told Manchester United he wants to go away the club on a loan move before the summer transfer window closes.
Mainoo was an unused substitute in United’s first two Premier League games of the season before playing the whole thing of the Carabao Cup defeat to Grimsby Town.
Unhappy along with his lack of minutes under Ruben Amorim, Mainoo has requested to go away Manchester United on loan before the transfer deadline.
The Athletic say Mainoo, 20, informed United bosses of his desire to seal a loan move at a gathering on Thursday.
Nevertheless, Manchester United have already rejected Mainoo’s request, telling him they may not sanction a loan.
Your ultimate guide to the football season
Metro’s football newsletter: In The Mixer. Exclusive evaluation, FPL suggestions and transfer talk sent straight to your inbox every Friday – join, it’s an open goal.
They tried to reassure the midfielder that they value him highly and consider he should stay and fight for his place in Amorim’s team.
Mainoo, who joined the Manchester United academy on the age of nine, enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2023-24 under Erik ten Hag.

The teenager ended that campaign as considered one of Ten Hag’s most significant players, scoring within the FA Cup final win over Manchester City after which impressive for England at that summer’s Euros.
Mainoo began the Euro 2024 final defeat to Spain but his profession has stagnated since then, with Amorim appearing to have reservations over the player.
Amorim has questioned whether Mainoo has the physicality to play in a holding midfield role and favours the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Mason Mount in additional advanced roles.
Consequently Mainoo remained on the bench for Manchester United’s opening two Premier League games against Arsenal and Fulham.

Mainoo cannot afford to proceed to be on the periphery as he has aspirations of constructing Thomas Tuchel’s England squad for next summer’s World Cup.
Tuchel will name his latest Three Lions squad on Friday for the September World Cup qualifiers but Mainoo is unlikely to feature given his lack of minutes.
With Mainoo growing frustrated at Old Trafford, as much as ten clubs have expressed interest in securing a deal, including Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
Ten Hag can be believed to be keen on a reunion with Mainoo at Bayer Leverkusen, however the funds of the deal look like beyond the German club.

Mainoo is contracted to Manchester United until 2027 but a move appears inevitable unless the England star is given more game-time.
Explaining Mainoo’s lack of minutes to this point this season, Amorim said he’s now in direct competition with club captain Bruno Fernandes for a central midfield role.
‘He’s fighting for the position now with Bruno,’ Amorim said after United’s 1-1 draw with Fulham last weekend.
‘And I alter to 2 midfielders, I left Mason Mount there because we wish to attain a goal and when I alter I felt the team must have one holding midfielder near Bruno.
‘So he just must fight for the position with Bruno prefer it needs to be at Manchester United.’
While United have blocked Mainoo from leaving before the transfer deadline, they’ve agreed deals to sell Alejandro Garnacho and Rasmus Hojlund.
The Red Devils are also hoping to dump Jadon Sancho and Antony before the summer transfer window shuts on Monday night.
Amorim’s side might be desperate to choose up their first Premier League win of the season on Saturday when newly-promoted Burnley visit Old Trafford.
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Follow Metro Sport for the most recent news on
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
MORE: Man Utd legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked by Besiktas one hour after Europa Conference League defeat
MORE: Manchester United finally agree deal for Rasmus Hojlund transfer
MORE: Ruben Amorim targeted for brand spanking new job as Manchester United make sack decision