U.S. President Donald Trump said Sunday that members of his newly created Board of Peace have pledged $5 billion toward rebuilding war-ravaged Gaza and can commit 1000’s of personnel to international stabilization and police forces for the territory.
The pledges shall be formally announced when board members gather in Washington on Thursday for his or her first meeting, he said.
“The Board of Peace will prove to be essentially the most consequential International Body in History, and it’s my honor to function its Chairman,” Trump said in a social media posting announcing the pledges.
He didn’t detail which member nations were making the pledges for reconstruction or would contribute personnel to the stabilization force. But Indonesia’s military said Sunday that as much as 8,000 of its troops are expected to be ready by the top of June for a possible deployment to Gaza as a part of a humanitarian and peace mission. It’s the primary firm commitment that the Republican president has received.
Rebuilding the Palestinian territory shall be a frightening endeavor. The United Nations, World Bank and European Union estimate that reconstruction of the territory will cost $70 billion. Few places within the Gaza Strip were left unscathed by greater than two years of Israeli bombardment.
The ceasefire deal calls for an armed international stabilization force to maintain security and make sure the disarming of the militant Hamas group, a key demand of Israel. Up to now, few countries have expressed interest in participating within the proposed force.

Get every day National news
Get the day’s top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.
The Oct. 10 U.S.-brokered ceasefire deal attempted to halt a greater than 2-year war between Israel and Hamas. While the heaviest fighting has subsided, Israeli forces have carried out repeated airstrikes and often fire on Palestinians near military-held zones.
It is just not clear how lots of the greater than 20 members of the Board of Peace will attend the primary meeting. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who held White House talks with Trump last week, is just not expected to be there.
Trump’s latest board was first seen as a mechanism focused on ending the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza. But it surely has taken shape along with his ambition for a far broader mandate of resolving global crises and appears to be the most recent U.S. effort to sidestep the United Nations as Trump goals to reset the post-World War II international order.
Lots of America’s top allies in Europe and elsewhere have declined to hitch what they believe could also be an try to rival the Security Council.
Trump also confirmed that Thursday’s meeting will happen on the U.S. Institute of Peace, which the State Department announced in December it was remaining the Donald J. Trump U.S. Institute of Peace.
The constructing is the topic of litigation brought by former employees and executives of the nonprofit think tank after the Republican administration seized the ability last yr and fired just about all the institute’s staff.
© 2026 The Canadian Press



